Based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The check is a fully automated bloodstream screening assay that can detect antibodies to Trypansoma cruzi , a parasite found only in the Americas & most acquired through connection with the blood-sucking triatomine or kissing bug commonly. Based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated eight to 11 million folks are infected worldwide with Chagas disease and an additional 108.6 million folks are considered to be at risk. If remaining undiagnosed and untreated, Chagas disease can result in death. Related StoriesPitt General public Health launches research to promote wellness among aging gay and bisexual guys with HIVNew initiative released to accelerate seek out effective HIV vaccineStudy: Safe and sound spaces may play crucial role in community-centered HIV prevention effortsIn 2007, nationwide screening of the blood supply for the condition was instituted.The innovative technology created by the company, which also offers US functions in Souderton Pennsylvania and in NEW YORK and California, identifies individuals who may benefit from chemotherapy and could help raise survival rates. The findings of Almac scientists’ study have been published in the online edition of the Journal of Clinical Oncology prior to the printing edition of the journal. The JCO is the peer-examined publication of the American Culture of Clinical Oncology , the world’s leading professional culture representing physicians who treat people with cancer. Colon cancer is the third most common tumor in the US. Over 100,000 individuals are diagnosed each year and around one one fourth of the patients are diagnosed with stage 2 of the disease. Stage 2 colon cancer has a relatively good prognosis with around 80 percent of sufferers cured by surgery but the disease will recur in the rest of the 20 percent within five years.